The SS4040 Super Standard FAWSsit™ shower stall is slightly larger than the S2000 Standard model for those that need just a bit more room. For those who find that traditional bathing facilities are difficult or impossible to use, and who may not be able to do remodeling of the bathroom to allow for full accessibility, the SS4040 portable wheelchair shower is the solution. And it costs about 1/10th of a remodel. Great for renters, seniors, hospice patients, individuals with almost any type of permanent or temporary disability for whom showering or bathing is no longer safe or even possible. The SS4040 model is for individuals who are still able to use a standard wheelchair.
The size of the SS4040 is approximately 42” wide by 42” deep, and stands 48” tall. All showers are individually manufactured and size may vary slightly. With this unit, the person to be bathed can be rolled into the shower stall in a standard shower/commode style of wheelchair, or even just a regular wheelchair. Once inside the shower stall, a front support bar is lowered so that the fourth side of the shower pan can be attached for wastewater collection. A front shower curtain may be brought around for the person who is able to do their own bathing or may be left open for easier caregiver access to assist with the bathing.
Where does the water go?
The source of water for the shower unit is any standard sink faucet. And, there is a pump which pulls the wastewater from the drain pan. There is a hose attached to the pump unit which returns the wastewater to the sink drain for disposal. (See Operations and Maintenance for tips on using and maintaining the FAWSsit™ portable shower.)
1. What is the Coverage Period?
- 90 days initial warranty after purchase, before product registration
- Extended limited warranty after product registration:
- Five (5) years on the frame
- One (1) year on all other components
- Warranties apply from the date of the original invoice, whether or not repairs or replacements are provided during the warranty period.
- No representative or person other than Care Giver Support Products, LLC is authorized to assume for us any other warranty in connection with the sale of this product.
2. What is covered under the Limited Warranty during the warranty term
- All parts defective in material or workmanship. If, during the warranty period, the product appears as though it may be defective, call our Toll Free number (1-877-329-7748). If the product is then alleged to be defective, you will be advised to send it to our Service Center. You will be given shipping instructions when you call the number listed above. Product under warranty, which upon receipt by Care Giver Support Products, LLC is determined to be defective in materials and/or workmanship will be repaired or replaced at Care Giver Support Products option at no cost to you and will be returned. Defective parts will be repaired or replaced with new or refurbished parts at Care Giver Support Products option. Be sure to include a description of the problem and a dated proof-of-purchase receipt with any product returned for warranty repair.
- The limited warranty does NOT cover the following:
- A defect that has resulted from improper or unreasonable use or maintenance, accident, excess moisture to any component, improper storage, lightning, power surges, or unauthorized tampering, alteration, or modification.
- Any damage caused when repairs have been attempted or made by others.
- Any labor charges for dismantling or re-installing of a repaired or replaced unit.
- Any product which no longer has a label bearing the serial number, or which has a label which has been defaced.
- This warranty is transferrable.
3. Who pays shipping charges
For warranty repairs or replacements Care Giver Support Products will pay for shipping of the repaired or replaced unit. For pumps, Care Giver Support Products requires the return of the defective pump and will pay for return shipping.