The R3000 Recliner FAWSsit™ shower stall is designed for individuals who require a care attendant for all bathing support. It is a completely portable, self-contained shower stall, but it is designed for ease of access by the caregiver, and for use with shower/commode style wheelchairs that are fully reclined, or even for gurneys. Because the R3000 accommodates up to 76” in length, even persons who may be unconscious can be safely bathed. The R3000 is the perfect bathing solution for high quadriplegics, cerebral palsy patients, wounded soldiers awaiting treatment, or even children with disabilities who have become too heavy to be easily lifted into traditional bathtubs.
The size of the R3000 is approximately 36” wide by 76” deep and stands 36” tall. All showers are individually manufactured and size may vary slightly. With this unit, the person to be bathed can be rolled into the shower stall in a recliner style shower/commode style of wheelchair, or a gurney. Once inside the shower stall, a front support bar is lowered so that the fourth side of the shower pan can be attached for wastewater collection and a front shower curtain may be brought around to ensure water containment all the way around inside the unit.
The source of water for the R3000 shower unit can be any standard sink faucet or even a solar-heated water bag. And, there is a pump which pulls the wastewater from the drain pan. The drain hose from the pump can go straight to sink drain, or in the case of hazardous materials containment, the wastewater hose can go directly into a containment unit. For additional information and tips on using and maintaining the R3000 FAWSsit™ portable shower, see Operations and Maintenance.
While the R3000 is primarily intended for use at home for people with severe disabilities, and who do not want to remodel, the R3000 folds flat to only about 15 inches in depth so it can be easily stored and transported for emergency use as well. Because it weighs approximately 44 pounds, it is lightweight for transport.
1. What is the Coverage Period?
- 90 days initial warranty after purchase, before product registration
- Extended limited warranty after product registration:
- Five (5) years on the frame
- One (1) year on all other components
- Warranties apply from the date of the original invoice, whether or not repairs or replacements are provided during the warranty period.
- No representative or person other than Care Giver Support Products, LLC is authorized to assume for us any other warranty in connection with the sale of this product.
2. What is covered under the Limited Warranty during the warranty term
- All parts defective in material or workmanship. If, during the warranty period, the product appears as though it may be defective, call our Toll Free number (1-877-329-7748). If the product is then alleged to be defective, you will be advised to send it to our Service Center. You will be given shipping instructions when you call the number listed above. Product under warranty, which upon receipt by Care Giver Support Products, LLC is determined to be defective in materials and/or workmanship will be repaired or replaced at Care Giver Support Products option at no cost to you and will be returned. Defective parts will be repaired or replaced with new or refurbished parts at Care Giver Support Products option. Be sure to include a description of the problem and a dated proof-of-purchase receipt with any product returned for warranty repair.
- The limited warranty does NOT cover the following:
- A defect that has resulted from improper or unreasonable use or maintenance, accident, excess moisture to any component, improper storage, lightning, power surges, or unauthorized tampering, alteration, or modification.
- Any damage caused when repairs have been attempted or made by others.
- Any labor charges for dismantling or re-installing of a repaired or replaced unit.
- Any product which no longer has a label bearing the serial number, or which has a label which has been defaced.
- This warranty is transferrable.
3. Who pays shipping charges
For warranty repairs or replacements Care Giver Support Products will pay for shipping of the repaired or replaced unit. For pumps, Care Giver Support Products requires the return of the defective pump and will pay for return shipping.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.